3rd Edition - Day 8: Pashtun in India
December 09, 2022
View the JoshuaProject profile here. To view a PDF of the daily prayer booklet, click here.
- Population: 31,167,000
- Religion: Islam
- Language: Pashto, Northern
- Christians: Less than 0.1% *
- Movement: None Reported
- Written Scripture: Complete Bible
- Oral Scripture: Complete Bible
- Workers Needed: 623 **
*Per census reports, etc. **for 1 worker per 50,000
- Lord, send families following Jesus and honoring the King of Kings to the Pashtun to show Your love and the power of forgiveness which brings You honor.
- Lord, bless Your Holy Scriptures to be spoken in the homes of the Pashtun in their own language (Pashto). Lord, bless Scripture translations in Pashto dialects and may those translations be understood by all 30 of the largest clans.
- Lord, give dreams and visions to the leaders of households, may they turn to Jesus and disciple other families. Pour out your rich blessings of miracles, healings, open repentance, and a desire to right wrongs through forgiveness, not revenge. Raise up servant leaders who model Jesus rather than man’s idea of honor. Lord show Yourself to the Pashtun clans.
God’s blessing upon the Pashtun: Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. (Ps. 24:7-8)