3rd Edition - Day 19: Kurmi in India
December 28, 2022
View the Joshua Project profile here. To view a PDF of the daily prayer booklet, click here.
- Population: 21,932,000
- Religion: Hinduism
- Language: Hindi
- Christians: Less than 0.1% *
- Movement: None Reported
- Written Scripture: Complete Bible
- Oral Scripture: Complete Bible
- Workers Needed: 439 **
*Per census reports, etc. **for 1 worker per 50,000
- Lord, give miracles, dreams, visions, and healings to the Kurmi families, showing the power of Jesus to bring salvation. Bless the Kurmi in their work and bless with faithfulness those who hear the call to work in Your field.
- Lord, bless Your Holy Scriptures in their language (Hindi). May they hear the stories of Your call for laborers into Your Harvest. Help them to hear the reason Jesus came and to take on the calling for which You have made them.
- Lord, raise Kurmi believers to live out Jesus’ teachings; to share the Bible in their homes, to train whole families to win other whole families, to turn the hearts of children to their parents and turn the hearts of parents to their children. Give them power to share in the truth of Jesus’s salvation.
The blessing of the Lord for the Kurmi: As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My Word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Is. 55:10-11)